The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil


I haven't done a review on The Ordinary products before but I have been using them for a long time now. When I placed my first order, I bought the Hyaluronic Acid 2% +B5, the Buffet which is an anti-ageing product and the 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. I haven't tried Rose Hip Seed oil before but a lot of you recommended this one so I thought I should try it next.

From The Ordinary website - 
''This formulation uses 100% pure Rosehip Seed Oil that is both cold-pressed and organic. Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, all of which degrade when the oil extraction process involves heat. While cold-pressed extraction is complex, it preserves all of the quality of this important oil which has been shown to reduce signs of photo-ageing and many other skin conditions. ''

It is recommended to be used once a day and I use it in the evening, as the last step in my night skincare routine. It is a lightweight oil in a yellow colour (its natural colour) and a weird scent which I personally don't like but it disappears within minutes. It is packed in the typical bottle with dropper dispenser that The Ordinary uses for most of their products and this glass bottle is UV-protective bottle (brown colour instead of clear).



Rose Hip Seed Oil is packed with fatty acids and 
It absorbs quickly and does not feel greasy at all, I have combination to oily skin and I hate when my skin feels more greasy. But I have been using many oils in my skincare routine and thankfully, none of them makes my skin feel oily, but instead, they leave me with a soft, bright and glowy skin. And this oil does the same. 

I haven't been using it for that long but in the short run time I have been testing it (a month), my skin has improved a lot and a sun spot I have on my forehead (I know, I haven't been using sunscreen when I was a teenager) started to fade which is amazing. I have this sun spot for as long as I remember and nothing I tried so far made a difference so I am really pleased to see it gone (almost)! My only regret is that I haven't used it in the winter when my skin suffered a lot and had dry patches due to the weather, it would be perfect and it will be perfect for dry skin.


I wake in the morning and my skin feels moisturised, plump and soft, which never happens in the morning no matter how many products I use at night. But oils do that and the Rose Hip Seed Oil is one of the best oils I have ever used. 

Pros:
♡ Vegan
♡ Cruelty Free
♡ Paraben and fragrance free
♡ Non-comedogenic
♡ Suitable for all skin types
♡ Light weight formula
♡ Absorbs within 2 minutes
♡ Moisturizes skin
♡ Glowy skin without being greasy
♡ UV-protecting packaging
♡ Perfect for sun spots
♡ Amazing price

Cons:
None.


I highly recommend this product, it feels so nice and luxurious on the skin and you cannot go wrong with the price - at 9.80Eur it is extremely affordable and yes, I will re-purchase when I run out.

Have you tried this? What other products from The Ordinary I need to try next?

No comments