August favourites



You are probably sick of me nagging and complaining that summer is almost over. I am so not ready for winter and those 'ugly' cold days and nights. I want my sun, my swimsuit, my iced cold coffee and to be able to spend more time at the beach and also outside in nature. 

This post is dedicated to the products I used and loved during August (and the summer months in general) and let's see them!


Essence the gel nail polish
I talked about the Essence the gel nail polish a few months ago when I purchased quite an amount of colours. It acts like a gel and does not require the use of a lamp which it can be harmful to the nails and it is probably the only formula I met in a nail polish that lasts 4-5 days on my nails. Also, the brush of these products is the best I tried, it is a large brush that covers the nail completely and makes this process so easy. 

I have been switching between colours all summer. Pink, orange, white and mint! Love them!


The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
The only review I wrote on the Ordinary products is for the Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil (review here) but I bet you read like a thousand reviews on the Ordinary products. This serum is a lightweight watery gel that sinks in the skin almost immediately and my skin feels hydrated as soon as I apply it but in the long term, I notice that my skin is bouncier, firmer and more even. 


Holika Holika 99% Aloe Soothing Gel
I talked about this product in my summer essentials and it is definitely a must product for summer. I call aloe vera a miracle product. It can be used to moisturize skin, treat sunburn, treat acne and improve elasticity of the skin. I prefer to use the all natural liquid from the plant's leaves (I have two in my garden) but I recently bought the Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel to carry with me while on holidays and to use when my skin is in need of extra hydration. And it would be perfect to use in winter too when my skin gets drier than usual and needs extra hydration.


W7 Night Glow Liquid Highlighter & Illuminator 
I have been using this liquid highlighter since the day I bought it and it gives me the natural glow I need after my summer holidays. It is a liquid that you apply with a brush applicator that looks just like a nail varnish and at the beginning it's a little awkward to work with but when you get used to it, you love it.


I love...Minty Choco Shower Gel
I posted a picture on instagram when I first purchased this shower gel since the colour and the bottle of it is so 'instagrammable'! (is this even a word?). We used and finished both bottles I originally bought so I went back and bought four more. This shower gel is simply amazing. It smells heavenly and it's perfect for days when you are tired from work and you want a pick-me-up, this is your product. If you remember the After Eight mint chocolates or you were a fan of these mints (I was), these smell exactly like these chocolates!

Beach cover ups/light dresses 

They are essential when you spend time at the beach every weekend and they are so comfortable to wear. The first one is a see-through,multi coloured long beach cover* which I also enjoy wearing every day, paired with a plain black tank dress underneath. You can also wear it with jeans or denim shorts and flat sandals or like a layered maxi dress for a boho summer look.




The second one is a lovely colourful round pattern dress* that I have been wearing both at the beach and at home, running errands or enjoying a lovely lunch on Sundays. The fabric of this dress is light and airy and I can imagine wearing it in fall too, with a pair of tan boots and a denim jacket.




Last but not least, this beautiful sleeveless maxi sheer dress*. The maxi dress is so versatile, you can style it in so many ways. Again, this will look awesome over your swimsuit, one piece or bikini, and also with a white tank top and a pair of jeans or a pair of denim shorts and you are ready to go out and enjoy your summer holidays!

What are your August favourites? What have you been loving and using this month?



*These products were given to me for free but all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments