Products I used today and OOTD


Happy Sunday everyone! How are you all doing?? I am at home chilling and eating ice cream as we speak, ice cream has been my best companion these days and I am waiting patiently until tonight, it's Game of Thrones night since it is the premiere of the new season, I cannot wait for the first episode, it's been a year since the last dramatic episode of season 6. So it will be a pizza/wine night and I hope the new episode does not disappoint.

Today's post is about the products I used this morning and some of them I use regularly these days, skincare and makeup. 

As I mentioned a million times before, in summer I don't use a lot of products makeup wise, they would't stay on my face if I used the best primer in the world and the best setting spray too. But skincare wise, I never neglect steps in my routine so let's see what I use.


RIRE Style Black Head Brush Cleanser - I received this product on the YesStyle beauty box back in May (post here) but I started using it a few weeks ago. Ok, let's start first with the packaging and the brush of this product. Both useless in my opinion. Product is dispensed using a button at the top of the product, and it dispenses a tiny amount every time you press it and you need to have the patience to press it again and again to take out the required amount to wash your face. 

And then comes the 'famous' blackhead brush that is so small I cannot use it. It would take me 10 minutes (I am not over-reacting) to cleanse my face using this brush, I don't see the reason of producing a brush so small for a cleansing product.

So why I use it you say? Because the product is really good. I use it with my own regular brush and I am really impressed. I don't want to give up on it, it does a great job. It cleanses my face really well and I feel it fresh and smooth after use. Do I recommend it? Yes and no. Yes because it is a great cleansing product and no because it's a pain in the arse to use it and if you are in a hurry or you don't have the patience, this is not for you.


Royal Rose Eye Cream - I talked on how much I love this eye cream here and I still have plenty to use. This is a light and airy eye cream with green tea extract, macadamia oil, vitamin E and jojoba oil, all ingredients amazing for our skin.

It treats fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and the under eye area looks smoother and softer. It also has a cooling effect that you notice as soon as you apply it and the scent is the best part, I love rose scented products.


9wishes Hydra Moisturiser* - I only started using this cream recently so I don't have a review on it yet, but so far I like it. It is a light cream that is perfect to use this time of the year since it does not feel heavy nor greasy on the skin. It moisturises well but I only used it after serums so I will have to use it on it's own to see how it works. But my skin feels fresh and it sinks quickly, I think it's the perfect companion for travelling if you would only pick one product to pack with you.


So now, let's talk makeup. I mentioned before that I don't use a heavy base due to the high temperature and I am using the Heimish Artless Glow Base SPF50+ every day since the day I received it. This can be used as a primer in order to give you some glow before using foundation but I use it on its own. It is lightweight, it moisturises my skin and leaves me with a natural sunkissed look. I cannot recommend this product enough, my skin loves it and you will love it too.

Today I didn't use eyeshadow or eyeliner and I kept things simple. I used the W7 Lashtastic mascara (review here) that gives my lashes enough volume and length for every day. I also used the W7 Matte Me Blush in the shade 'On The Edge' and this is a soft pink shade with a matte finish. It is powdery and not that pigmented so you need to build it up. 

For the lips, I used the Wet 'n' Wild Stoplight Red that is a true red shade lipstick. The Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipsticks are super pigmented, creamy and feel nice on the lips, the only problem I have with this one is the fact that it transfers in everything. Glass, food, hands, clothes etc, you know what I mean. But it is a beautiful red shade that looks lovely on me and I think it is one of my favourite red shades. Also, before I use a matte lipstick, I always make sure I apply lip balm to soften my lips and I recently bought the W7 Lip Balm Bomb in Raspberry. Smells nice and I also use it when I am around the house and not wearing makeup.


Last but not least, the Etude House Mineral Bottle Facial Mist. I always carry this one in my bag to use during the day. It's perfect when your skin feels a little tight and needs extra moisture or when you need a pick me up during the day. 


And now my outfit of the day. Surprise surprise, I am wearing a dress!! I received this lovely dress a few days ago from Rosegal*. It is a mid length, red floral off shoulder dress and looks really flattering.  From the picture on the website it looks different and the colour looks darker, the one I received is brighter and the red is more intense. I like it but I would prefer to receive the one in the description. The material is thin and slightly sheer and it's polyester. Slightly disappointed since I get to compare it with the one on the website, but overall it is a nice dress.


So these are the products I used on my face today and my OOTD. What products did you use today? Is there anyone that used less products than me because of the high temperature?


*These products were given to me for free but all opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments