Face masks - what I have been using lately


Face masks are an important step to my skincare routine. They are no longer a luxury but a necessity. I use a face mask 3-4 times a week (sometimes more) and my skin feels so good after I use one, feels and looks healthier, has a nice glow and gets all the great ingredients a mask has to offer. 
There are a ton of face masks available at the moment and a huge variety to choose from, depending on your skin type and the results you want to get after using one.


Loreal Detox Clay Mask
The new Loreal masks are probably the nicest clay masks I tried lately and I use them once a week in rotation. Clay and charcoal draw out impurities and deep clean the skin, removing all dirt and oil.  This detox mask does not feel extremely dry on the skin like most clay masks feel and after you wash it, your skin feels bright and even and it's perfect for days when you are feeling tired or your face is dull and needs extra attention. I don't know how it works on dry skin, maybe it's not suitable but on my combination skin it's amazing.



Loreal Pure Clay Mask
This one is a little different from the detox mask but they are both effective and give the same results. It is enhanced with red algae extract that exfoliates skin, cleans pores and removes dead cells, leaving it fresh and clean and it's glowing. 

Will definitely re-purchase both masks when I finish them.



Innisfree Real Rose Mask
I haven't used a heat mask in ages and this one is my newest purchase. It has an intense rose scent that may bother some people but as you may already know, I love rose scents in skincare products.  The packaging is nice but it doesn't come with a spatula so I use one I received with another mask. 

I apply this mask after washing my face and apply a thin layer all over it. It says to massage it for 1-2 minutes in order to feel the heat and then leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Of course, the heat isn't that intense, it won't burn your skin, you will just feel a warm sensation (and pleasant one). After I remove the mask, my skin feels soft and clean and I have an intense desire of wanting to touch it again and again, it feels so smooth. Sadly, the results do not last for long but it is recommended to use this mask for 3-4 times a week, so maybe a long term use will give visible results.


Sheet masks
If you haven't had the pleasure of trying a sheet mask, you don't know what you are missing. Sheet masks are on trend at the moment and a vital part of the asian skincare routine that requires a 10-step skincare process. 

Sheet masks are fuss-free and easy to use, just put it on and relax for 20-30 minutes (I always leave mine for 30 minutes).  They are pre-soaked in rich serums with amazing  and powerful ingredients that brighten, moisturise and refresh skin. There are a ton of sheet masks to try and each brand has a variety to choose from. Here are my favourites so far:


Tony Moly I'm Real Sheet Masks


Holika Holika Juicy Mask Sheet



Ri Re Real Nature Mask Pack - Pearl

All these masks can be used on any skin type and they are amazing for dry types. Skin feels extremely moisturised, soft, radiant and bright and it's the perfect pick-me-up for when our skin feels tired or dull, and in winter my skin feels that way a lot.

So these are the face masks I am currently using and I hope I gave you some ideas on what to try next. What are the masks you are currently using and what is your favourite face mask?

No comments