W7 Angel Eyes Silky Eye Shadow Palette - Out On The Town



Aren't you just happy that it's the beginning of 2017? I am soooo happy! 2016 was not the best year for me and I must say, I am glad it is over and I am ready for better days, happy moments and new beginnings.

I recently did a haul to celebrate the beginning of the new year (oops!) and I found some great deals and products on sale, and this W7 Angel Eyes Silky Eye Shadow Palette is one of them. I haven't seen this one before nor I read a review on it but the shades looked lovely and nothing like the palettes I already own, so yes, this baby came home with me. W7 is a brand I discovered this year and I am very fond of since they have really great and affordable products, and I especially love their lipsticks.


This palette has 7 shades, 4 mattes and 3 shimmery shades. The formula is silky, soft and powdery and blends nicely without any major fallout. All shades are perfect except the darker shimmery one, I don't know if I ever use this one (maybe on a formal/black tie/red carpet event, but then again, I am not famous so I don't attend these events haha). But neutral shades? Yes! I love these and they are perfect for every day use and despite the fact that there are only 7 shades, I was able to create different looks and the perfect every-day smokey eye too.

The darker shades have great pigmentation, whilst the lighter ones are not so great and need to build them up which is a little disappointing but nothing major. I just had to dedicate a few more minutes to build the colour up. 


The packaging is a simple but a good quality black case that is travel friendly and has a large mirror in it, so it makes it easier to carry with you and apply the eyeshadows anytime or to transform your makeup from day to night and go and have drinks with your friends. It has also a double end foam applicator but I never use these, I always use a proper eyeshadow brush to make sure I apply it right.


My two favourite shades are the second, a lovely nude shade that I use as a base all over my lid and the third one which is a shimmery taupe shade that looks fantastic when applied all over the eyelid. I wasn't expecting to love this palette but the shades are awesome, have great pigmentation, blend nicely and are easy to work with and last for a few hours before fading, which is great for an every day look. I also noticed they do not crease or smudge, which is really great for an affordable palette. I am very pleased with this one and I am so glad I picked it up, I will definitely wear it a lot and create several looks from it.


Have you tried recently an affordable palette you loved and was perfect for every day looks? Do tell me below and give me some ideas!

No comments