12 things to do in December


1✮ Get cozy, bring the blankets, make pop corn and watch Christmas movies.  
There is a great selection of Christmas movies to watch, a few favourites are:
Elf (2003 - Will Ferrell)
Santa Clause (1994 - Tim Allen)
Love Actually (2003)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993 - Musical)
Christmas Town (2008)
Four Christmases (2008)
The Holiday (2006)
The Polar Express (2004)

2✮ Find cookie recipes and experiment. 
My favorite recipes are
Martha Steward Chocolate Truffle cookies (recipe here)
Classic Chocolate cookies (recipe here)
Outrageous Chocolate cookies (recipe here)

3✮ Listen to Christmas Songs Mix
My favourite playlists include
Michael Buble Greatest Hits - The Best Songs Of Christmas
Blake Shelton - Cheers It's Christmas
Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra Christmas Hits
New York Jazz Lounge Merry Christmas


4✮ Decorate your Christmas tree and your house. Play some christmas music and make your house festive.

5✮ Make Christmas crafts (two lovely ideas I posted earlier on my blog is The Bauble Wreath and the Door Christmas Decoration). You can also make ornaments for your tree, using pine cones or paper.

6✮ Go outside and play with the snow! Build a snowman, build a snow angel and take lots of pictures with your family and friends!!! And at the end, play snowball fight!!!

7✮ Get in the car or walk around your neighborhood to see the christmas decoration and lights! I love doing this with my god-daughter and her sister, they love walking to the village and seeing the christmas lights!

8✮ Go ice-skating! What can be more fun than ice-skating?

9✮ Make handmade cards, write your wishes and send them to friends and family. I used to do this many years ago but I stopped (don't know why) but I love this tradition. I also used to collect all the christmas cards that others sent to us!


10✮ Choose toys with your kids that are no longer using or loving and give them to a family that doesn't have the opportunity to buy new toys for their children. They would be delighted and kids will be so happy!

11✮ It's Harry Potter time!!! On December, we always watch (re-watch to be exact) all Harry Potter movies. The first one would always be my favourite!!

12✮ Make a Christmas pajama party or an indoors picnic! Wear your festive (or matching) pajamas, place a nice tablecloth on the floor and eat your lovely dinner in front of the tv!


38 comments

  1. Christmas baking is my fave thing to do! It's perfect because then I can give them as gifts and just share some with the neighbours :)
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list...making popcorn is the best and easy one ;)... I love christmas time,..its so colorful, shiny and lovely....xo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb ideas, I surely do love baking and treating myself with my fav blankie and movies with a cup of hot chocolate during winters :)

    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing!
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally planning on doing all of this, or as many things as possible. Freaking love Christmas!

    xoxoxx Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could watch Christmas movies all day long! Hopefully putting the tree up today!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all great things to do, I want to go ice skating.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I was home I would do probably everything from this list. I love Christmas and everything around this holiday. :)

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of these suggestions. Yes to all the Christmas movies! x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely, festive post! I'm on board with all of your fun ideas - especially watching a ton of festive films and listening to festive songs (doing that right now!). Your tips to spend time decorating and baking are also totally up my street; a couple of the best things about the month of December :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love this post, but then I do love Christmas!

    Elf, Love Actually and The Holiday are the ones I watch every year! I love The Grinch too but it never seems to be on TV :(

    JaynieShannon Beauty & Lifestyle

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful Christmas list :) I truly miss playing snowball fights! It's tropical from where I live. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thanks for share all your tips with us!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I could go out and play in the snow, but there is no snow in the UK! :( Ever! I remember the good old days back in Poland, we'd get snow up to our waists for Christmas, and -30 degrees temperatures, haha! :D I probably didn't enjoy it back them but I'm nostalgic thinking about it. :) You've put together such a lovely, festive list! Really put me in a Christmas mood, which isn't easy (I'm a bit of a Scrooge, haha). <3 Loving all those cookie recipes, they're so delicious! <3 Thanks so much for sharing, lovely. I hope you're well! <3 xoxo Will deffo check out some of the things on your fab list. :) x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Giving a handmade card or even getting one is so special to me. Love your holiday inspiration!

    Kisses,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to watch my first xmas movie of the year tonight: Love Actually <3

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely great tips!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Festive photos
    Great post
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute pictures: D
    Very nice Christmas decorations: D

    Follow me I follow you ?:)
    grlfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!


    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm definitely super excited to be doing some christmas baking! Lovely post my dear!

    Love x
    T I N N A

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl I LOVE this post! I adore Christmas and pretty much anything festive! <3 Elf & the Grinch are my all time favourite Christmas films, and I genuinely can't wait to decorate my house and get started on making some Christmas DIY decorations this year!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post has just made me so excited! There is so much to love about December and I love the idea of an indoor festive picnic, especially watching some some classic films, Love Actually has to be my favourite!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great list, thanks for sharing ;) I have done a few of the points already such as listening to christmas music non stop! Merry Christmas <3
    x Caroline
    www.silverstories.dk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now number 12 is definitely something I would love to do. Great tips here overall. Thanks for sharing. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely love the Santa clause it's th best Christmas film! I love cuddling up with a blanket and a hot chocolate and watching xmas films!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've definitely been getting cosy - literally blankets and candles every night! I've also got the christmas CD out which is Michael Buble!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Some great ideas, I love bonging out the blankets and getting all cozy!

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That would be my perfect Christmas to-do list!
    Great post!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Watching festive movies, making crafts and listening to music with my little one are some of my faves things to do also x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just watched The Holiday yesterday! Excited to do some DIY gift wrapping! :)

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are some really great ideas for getting into the Christmas spirit! I can't wait to watch Elf and eat some mince pies! x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great list! I love so much of it! I really like baking cookies and listening to Christmas music in December. It's fun now my first son is older, he's so much more involved!

    Hope you are having a great start to the week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. We rewatch all the Harry Potter films too! I loved reading your list of things to do, it made me feel super festive. I just wish we could have snow!!

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete