Red, plum and pink for lips and nails


With the temperature changing and winter coming closer, I ought to admit that I have been loving more my dark shades for lips and nails. Oh yes, I  love to wear dark red, pink and plum and today I have a few recommendations and ideas of what I have been wearing lately.


I purchased two Kiko nail lacquers three weeks ago and the colours are amazing! I chose #217 which is a lovely warm dark pink shade and this one was the first one to try. 

The colour is gorgeous and I would love to wear it in spring too, but this baby lasted only a few hours on my nails before starting to chip. Do you hear this KIKO? Only a few hours!! I painted my nails in the morning and in the afternoon I had a shower and when I got off the shower, I saw the tip of my nails was chipped! What? The colour is so beautiful, yet the formula is crap.


I also chose #286, a dark pink colour that reminds me so much of the Essence gel nail polish in Do You Speak Love that I wrote a post about a while ago. This colour lasted two days on my nails and please note that I haven't used a top coat for the purpose of testing and to see how well the perform.

Overall, I really like these nail lacquers, if only they lasted a few days more on my nails. They need to improve their formula asap.

I also love one I purchased last year, the Sixteen Long Lasting nail polish in #521 which is a dark red colour that applies smoothly and lasts for at least 3 days on my nails. Leaves a glossy finish and a lovely colour! 




Two vampy shades I have been loving! 

The first, is the Wet n Wild Mega Last Matte Lip Cover in Cherry Bomb - this is my newest addition of the Wet n Wild matte lipsticks and this shade is a deep burgundy red shade. The pigmentation is amazing but it can be a little dry and as with all dark shades of the Wet n Wild matte lipsticks, this one leaves a lovely pinkish stain afterwards.

The NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in Mahogany is so similar to Cherry Bomb. You can see the swatches above, they are almost the same. This lipstick is smooth when applying, formula is matte and can be dry on the lips so I must use a lip balm before applying this.


I have been also using a lot, these three lip liners. The first one is Honey Berry from Essence. Essence makes the best affordable lip liners. Their formula is great and they have some lovely shades. 

The next one is from L.A. Girl cosmetics and I purchased it last winter. I have been wearing it a lot and still looks like new. 

Last but not least, a lip liner I purchased from a local shop here called PerfectU and this lip liner is a deep purple shade which looks great when you apply it on its own and makes lips look fuller and plump.



So these are some of the products I have been using lately. Do you have any of these? What nail polish or lipstick you wear the most this season?

50 comments

  1. Getting to wear dark reds is my favourite thing about winter - love these picks!xx

    LUCY | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg love the shades...
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I'm obsessed with vampy shades.

    Charming Coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picks! I love the Kiko nail polishes shade range yet I have to agree with you, the formula isn't so great: a nail polish very rarely chips on me (I don't know why) but the Kiko formula lasts two days on my nails if I'm lucky. It used to be better but I believe they recently changed the formula!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Kiko polishes, those shades are stunning!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these picks. I am so into plum right now!

    xx www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of darker shades for this time of the year too, love those itens, the lipsticks are gorgeous

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving darker burgundy lipsticks at the moment! These ones are so great!
    x Emily
    http://shedoes.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love darker nails and lips in the winter too! I love all the colors you picked out :) I haven't tried anything by Kiko so I'm glad to know that their nail polishes are great too! The wet n wild and NYC lipsticks are gorgeous too! I love a good vampy lip for winter :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of wet and wild!! Perfect for this Winter!! xx

    Tash
    natashatodd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. dark shades are my absolute fave, these look lovely!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the nyc products! They are indeed a little bit drying, but I find that the pigment is so good. They last a very long time after application.
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkaSnh8OS3XmuL87VEkskgQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been loving darker shades like this, too. Those lip colors are gorgeous!

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely products. I like the polish colors. The lipstick are nice too but I'm more into lighter colors. Thanks for sharing :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely adore these shades this time of the year!


    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh I am loving those vampey lipstick shades! They are so pretty. I like switching up my nails and makeup for fall/winter too. All these are colours are perfect!

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those colours are so pretty and perfect for fall! :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2016/11/animal-attraction.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cherry Bomb is a cult favourite, I don't think I have anything as dark as it!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love vampy lips. Right now I'm on a hunt for some new vampy lipstick, so I'm glad you gave me some tip. :)

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those coloured nail polishes are so cute, so it's a shame that they chipped so quickly! I'm loving those vampy lipsticks too- so perfect for Winter

    Rachel xx

    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a shame about the low wear-time on the polishes! :( I hate it when I manage to get time to paint my nails but then it chips so quickly. They are really pretty colours too! :(


    Hope you're having a really good week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. very christmassy colors!! lovin the wet n wil lipstick <3

    VVEEKEND 101

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't tried Kiko nail polishes but a few hours lasting before chipping doesn't sound good, I hate it when my nail polish chips straight away so I will pass that. Those lipsticks are gorgeous, so vampy, I don't have any colour like that I don't know if they would suit me :) x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nothing can beat plum lips right? Thanks for sharing, I need to check out some of these products :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Plum shades are a favourite of mine all year round! I absolutely love Kiko products because of how affordable they are! I neeeeed to try out these polishes! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
  26. looks gorgeous!! I love all the shades! Thanks for sharing!

    Darriyan xo | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dark colours are perfect for this time of the year, especially dark purple lips, love that lipsticks xo

    www.theninebyivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the tones of the lipsticks you got!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Deep berry colours are my favourite for lips and makeup!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous lipsticks and nails! LOVE 😍 I've been wearing lots of dark red lately.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of these look and sound amazing! I love the dark, vampy lipsticks. They were made for Autumn and Winter!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  32. I live for vampy shades. I have both shades and I love them a lot. I bet they look stunning on you.
    Simera |Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous picks. I love red & plums for everything during the colder seasons. I was known as the girl "with the red lips" for a while in my first semester.
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely colours! I'm obsessed with berry shades this time of the year. I have a couple of the Kiko polishes and I love them. They have such a great colour choice too xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love these colours, especially the vampy burgundy lip shades and that 90s pink polish from Kiko.

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the lipstick picks! I love Kiko nail polishes but I have never had problems with the formula. Maybe these two colours are different?

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are beautiful! Love your dark berry shade recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What beautiful colours! I love them all! These kind of shades make autumn/winter bearable for me! xx

    Beautylymin| Urban Decay Bundle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  39. great post Yiota love them all these are all perfect for fall!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I absolutely adore these sort of dark, vampy shades all year round! Love love love the lippies you picked, I could see myself wearing all of these, actually! :) <3 Such a shame about the Kiko nail polishes... Why would any brand create a product that only lasts a few hours?! That's terrible! Heard good things about Kiko in general but clearly nail polishes aren't their thing! Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts, babe. <3 x x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've never really liked that KIKO nail polish formula, I think the Power Pro ones are better.
    The Wet n Wild lipstick looks sooo pretty!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such gorgeous shades! They're perfect for this time of year. What a shame about the Kiko polishes not lasting though. I have really difficulty finding nail polishes that last more than 2 days. As I'm prone to chipping quickly anyway, I'll be giving these a miss! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous picks, and your photographs are beautiful. Loving your blog :) xx

    Sincerely, Sarah xx
    www.sincerelysarah.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Those lip colors are right up my alley! Love the shades. Such a shame about the nail lacquer.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love love love the color palette!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  46. i trully love this staff:) follow;) now waiting for U:)

    ReplyDelete