Lierac Demaquillant Douceur Cleansing Water


As a beauty junkie, I love using and testing products from brands I haven't tried before. And this micellar water from Lierac is a first for me. I have heard of Lierac before but haven't tried any of their products, and since I love micellar waters, I thought it would be nice to try this product and see how it performs on my skin.


First of all, the packaging. I love using a product that comes with a pump. I had a bad experience in the past with the Loreal micellar water, the first time I used it, I spilled 1/3 of the product in my dresser due to my silliness and the big hole in the bottle (and yes, I cried a little). 

So this kind of packaging makes the whole process easier. I usually need two or three pumps and I don't have to worry if I spill some product.


The reviews on this product are not good but I read them after I already purchased this product. But to my surprise, this micellar water worked nicely on me. It is not the best I have tried but I liked it a lot.  

The consistency of this product is very thin, like water, but I guess all micellar waters are like this. I only need two pumps and I use it to remove any residues left on my face after using a face cleanser.  

I don't wear heavy makeup during the day and I tried to remove my eyeliner/eyeshadow/mascara with this product and it does not remove them easily. I had to rub it several times and decided that I was hurting my eyes and used another product instead.

But it certainly removes all residues and dirt left on my face after washing it. It is gentle and soft and does not dry my face, which is the most important thing for me. I hate when I use a product after cleansing and dries my skin, but instead, this one leaves my skin refreshed and clean. 

I used this product after washing my face with a cleansing gel, I never neglect this process after washing my face, I want my skin to be extra clean and ready to receive the benefits of the serum/moisturizer I will use next. 


I don't know if I am going to repurchase this product, I think I love my Garnier one more than any other micellar water I have used and also, this is double the price of the Garnier so price is an important factor for me.

What is your favourite micellar water?

Hope you have a lovely weekend and I will see you soon!

24 comments

  1. Sounds really nice for a sensitive skin, yet, again, I love my Garnier one so much that I'm not sure if I want to try something else at the moment! I'm just the same when it comes to Lierac, I've heard a lot about the brand but still haven't got a chance to actually try it myself!

    http://fannyanddailybeautycom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually never heard of this brand before, either! Not sure whether we even have it in the UK. I do like the packaging and the liquid colour; the micellar water sounds pretty good although personally, I'd need something a little more heavy-duty as I wear heavy makeup and eyeshadow on a daily basis. :) Garnier's Micellar Water is my favourite! Thank you for sharing this honest review, you're the best! <3 :) x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its awesome that this product worked for you, even if it isn't the best for other skin types :) I really need to try out some Micellear Water

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried any micellar water, maybe it's time for me to give it a try.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bioderma, Garnier and Sephora micellar water but have been sticking to Garnier pink cap as it's amazing and as good as Bioderma imo. I'm like you, Yiota, I wear light makeup so I don't need a heavy duty cleanser.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Thanks for sharing.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a nice micellar water! I've never heard of this brand before so thanks for the introduction. I like the fact that its consistency lightweight almost like water! :)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using Micellar water. I use the one from Marcelle but I have heard nothing but great reviews about the Garnier one so I need to try that one soon. I haven't heard of this brand so thanks for sharing.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Garnier Micellar water too, all time favourite and my go to! It's great to try new products though, I've never heard of this brand.
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a nice treat, but not worth the price! xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It shame it didn't remove your makeup :(

    Laura
    Öku Möku

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never hear doc this brand before, but I am a big fan of using micellar water. I have been using it the Garnier one for years now and it's fab x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh fab review! I wonder if it would be okay for my sensitive skin, I feel so sad not being able to trial all these skincare products haha! Your photos are so beautiful :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is something new to my knowledge... Thank you so much for sharing this! :)
    https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/trends-that-every-it-girl-is-wearing-right-now/

    ReplyDelete
  15. somehow we are almost the same. I dont wear heavy make up during the day too and i remove all eye lashes at night. Think the product should be one to try though.

    brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like it might be good for those who want a super gentle Micellar water, but I love the tough ones that can get rid of anything! The oil one from Garnier is fantastic!

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never heard of this brand before but glad you reviewed it, lovely. I am glad it meets your expectations in regards to removing the last remains of the dirt/makeup but it sounds like it's quite harsh on the eyes and "heavier" makeup. I swear by Garnier Micellar Water!! Funny enough, when it just came out I read lots of negative reviews about it but I still decided to give it a go. Never looked back :D
    Hope you're having a great weekend, lovely!
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I never heard before, but sounds interesting. I use the one of simple.

    xoxo

    Priscilla

    BEAUTYNATURE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice, lovely and very beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice, lovely and very beautiful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like Lierac! I recently picked up their lip balm - it smells so lovely, like roses! Also, I'm currently having a Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment giveaway and will be having a new giveaway every week with products from UD, Too Faced, Fresh, Buxom, Hourglass and more. You should come check it out! :)
    https://www.bluecanyoncorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't tried this before or heard of it; thanks for the review! I've been using my garnier micellar water too and it's almost out ahh!!


    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review have a lovely weekend
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete