Avene duo for cleansing


Avene is a popular brand with some amazing products that I have been using for years. It's a trustworthy company and I always go back to their products because I know that they work perfectly on my skin and they never let me down.  

I love to try out new products I haven't tried before and I never buy the same cleanser twice, except if a product is sooo good, then I will definitely re-purchase.
I love to have my skin clean and draw any impurities out and lately, I think I am using too many cleansers, cause my bath is full of products. But who cares, I love my cleansing products and I will keep purchasing and trying more and more!


The Avene Mattifying Foam cleanser is a light and gentle product that foams easily when combined with water.  It removes everything from skin and does not make my skin feel dry or tight, and the foam it produces is rich and thick.  Does the job really well and I also love the light scent it has.

There is no need to introduce micellar waters. We all have at least one and we all love to use them. They make the makeup removal process easier and especially now that I have been avoiding wipes cause they can be harmful to the skin, micellar waters are godsend. This is the first Avene micellar water I am trying and I like it a lot. 


The Avene Micellar Water Cleanser is really effective and removes everything. And I mean everything!  I always use a cleansing gel or foam to remove my makeup (in this case I am using the Avene Mattifying Foam cleanser I mentioned above) and I use the micellar water next to pick up any residues or leftovers. It does not dry my skin at all, it is very gentle and removes oil and dirt easily. I apply it on a cotton pad and gently wipe my face in circular moves.  

I haven't used this one to remove any waterproof makeup so I don't know how it performs but it really removes makeup and cleanses skin really well. Also, this micellar water has a heavy fragrance that many people will find disturbing. I don't mind but I strongly believe that too much fragrance in a cleansing product is not necessary.

These products are not your typical affordable cleansing products that you find in your local drugstore, they are more expensive than any other brands. They perform really well but what is the point of paying more money when you have the same results with other more affordable products (i.e. the Garnier micellar water)? I really enjoy using them but I don't think I will re-purchasing these two soon.


Have you tried these Avene cleansing products? What are your favourites?

37 comments

  1. I haven't tried these, but like you said the Garnier one is a really good Micellar Water, so I don't thing I'd try the Avène one.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice product but too expensive for my taste as it does nothing more than a Garnier micellar water would do.

      Delete
  2. The idea behind Avène (or any French Pharmacy brand) is that the composition/ingredient list has to be a lot more simple and gentle than usual, that's why their products are usually a little more expensive than Garnier for instance. Yet it is true that, when it comes to Micellar Water, the ingredient list isn't very important as the product doesn't stay very long on our faces! I love the Garnier oil-infused one too much to try something else at the moment too!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I don't feel like purchasing a product that is more expensive than usual and only stays on my face for 5 seconds! However, I love Avene in general and I always re-purchase the Avene High Protection emulsion SPF50, especially in the summer!

      Delete
  3. SO many people are raving about Avene at the moment and I think their products would suit my dry/sensitive skin but I don't think I have ever tried anything from them. I'm with you though - I wouldn't pay more for a micellar water when a budget version does the same thing xx

    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use korean cleansing oil and have a big review at my blog. Oil is a great product for cleansing your face.
    http://leraseyo.blogspot.com.by/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried these but I do love micellar water especially Garnier's oil infused one! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did try and Avene cleanser and it really didn't work for my skin for some reason :(

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to get in on this Avene cleansing action ;) the miceller water sounds like just what I need to take of my eye makeup xxx
    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. So timely. I have been needing a new cleansing product! Are these available in the U.S.?

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/2016/8/25/rain-rain-stay-away
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/
    Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow/?fref=ts
    Twitter | https://twitter.com/kell_menow
    BlogLovin | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/blog-kellmenow-14252307

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very interesting blog! I am here first time and fall in love with this! ♥ follow each other? :)
    ORLLING

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Micellar water sounds very nice. I've got to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to find something light and natural. This sounds lovely and good to pamper your skin :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2016/10/falls-hottest-label.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used this products, but I've heard many beautiful things about it...
    Thinks for sharing
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a shame that the micellar water is scented, I think it's one of those things that should stay as simple as possible. I can't use perfume on my skin at all so it's a no for me. Thanks for sharing, this was really helpful!

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing and great post dear!!!
    Kisses
    Ale
    http://alespinkfairytale.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried these but I've heard that this brand is really really great. Both the products sounds really good. I don't mind paying a little extra when it comes to products that actually work for my skin either! I do try my best to stay away from foam cleansers because I have acne prone skin. But I definitely will be checking out the Micellar water now!

    -Emily www.coatandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried these, but Avene is such a great brand. I used to use their products a lot a few years back and I was never disappointed. The Micellar water sounds wonderful!

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks really great although it's pricier I think it's a great brand. Nicely reviewed hun.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have used Vichy, Neostrata but seriously not Avene, I don't know why though. I know it's a great brand and it's definitely in my list to try.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do really like Avène, my favorite product by the brand is actually their thermal water spray!

    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of this yet but sounds really nice!

    x Sandra
    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post! I'm an Avene fan too!

    XX,
    Shai
    www.shairahabon.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks good!
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. such an amazing blog post

    www.londonstylegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, Avene has the perfect cleansers! I use them and will never stop :) Some times I like to change them so my skin doesn't get so much used to them but they are always in my bathroom!
    Thanks for sharing Yiota, I hope you are doing great!!
    xoxo
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its off I know that brand for years but never tried it ! Maybe its time I do :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Avène!

    xx
    Gem
    www.milkwhitemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. the foam cleanser sounds really nice, I hate when cleansers make your skin feel tight!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for your honest review! I haven't tried the micellar water trend yet, but I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have herd great things about this brand but never tried their products before lovely post
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Apart from a few sample products, I haven't tried much from Avene. Like you said, it's a bit more expensive! And I also have so many other products to go through, haha :P

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
  31. This product sounds and looks interesting to me! Ive never tried it but thanks for sharing pretty!

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This product sounds and looks interesting to me! Ive never tried it but thanks for sharing pretty!

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven't tried these products, but an eye cream from them which I didn't like. These seem to impress you a lot, so I might take a closer look of the brand x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've had miacella water in a few beauty boxes and always wondered why you would ever purchase an expensive one ... it's all the same ha! The cleansing lotion sounds nice though.

    http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete