January mix lipsticks



Who doesn't love a good mix of lipsticks? In the last couple of years, I have collected a huge amount of lipsticks and lip balms, I cannot get enough from them.  Many affordable brands like Jordana and Wet n Wild have stepped up to their game and created amazing shades and formulas.
 All these lipsticks that I am about to show you are cheap and affordable, yet with very impressive performance.

I have chosen nude to brown shades for today's post, and some lipsticks are very similar between them.  These shades are suitable for any skin type.




Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain - Honey Love
I purchased this Balm Stain last year among with Cranberry Crush and Candied Coral.  This shade is a dupe of Revlon Balm Stain in Honey (they even have the same name!). 

Essence Sheer & Shine - 03 BFF
The Sheer & Shine lipsticks are the newest lipsticks from Essence, and in my opinion, not all shades are good.  I swatched all of them in the shop, and quite a few of them were not pigmented at all and some of them disappointing.  The BFF shade is gorgeous though, it's a pinkish brown with medium pigmentation and a lovely scent. Review and swatches here.

Wet n Wild - In The Flesh
I purchased the Wet n Wild lipsticks before the holidays, and I loved them so much I ordered some more.  This shade is a pinkish brown colour and the formula of these is very creamy and sometimes dry on the lips, so I use a lip balm before applying. 

Wet n Wild - Spiked With Rum
This lipstick is darker than the previous one and has more shimmer in it.  It's a dark brown colour and this one suits my skin so well, also it is creamier than any of the other Wet n Wild lipsticks I own.  Such a great shade for fall and winter.

Jordana - Mystery
This Jordana lipstick is one of my newest additions on my lipstick collection.  It is a dark brown colour, and eventhough I like the shade (so similar to Spiked with Rum), it is so stiff and dry, almost impossible to use on the lips.  I have to struggle to apply it, I don't know if it's the formula or mine is expired or something, but it's nothing like the other Jordana lipsticks I have.

Jordana - Taupe
This one is a matte lipstick from Jordana, and it is very creamy and soft.  This one is also a dark brown, but slightly darker than Jordana Mystery.  Looks great on the lips and so easy to use due to the creamy formula.  Really like this one!

Essence - Come Naturally
The Essence Come Naturally lipstick is a pale mauve colour that looks brown in the tube, but when applied on the lips it's so different.  Some people love it, some people hate it, I wear it if I want something different on my lips than my usual bold colours.  It is creamy and soft but not longlasting. 


What lipsticks are you using at the moment?

No comments